Monday, May 26, 2008

A Thought On Ratings

I didn’t give much thought to the ratings system when I set up this site. I just went with X-Play’s system of 1 through 5, because it was the simplest. Since, after all, Metacritic is the ultimate arbiter of what rating a game should get nowadays, I figured any rating I gave would be pretty much meaningless. So for what it’s worth, here is the interpretation of my rating scale, retroactively:

5 – Buy the game. Shut up, don’t question me, just buy it.
4 – Buy the game if you like the genre it’s in. At the very least, rent it, even if you don’t like the genre. You might be surprised (like I was with Bioshock).
3 – Only buy it if you’re really into the genre. A safer move would be to rent.
2 – Rent it if you’re curious, but don’t spend a lot of money.
1 – Don’t bother touching it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home